a cross-university collaboration
Instructions for Blog Posts
- At the top of the page you will see a “+ new” and then “post.” Click.
- In the title line write “Title” by “First and Last Name.”
- Example: Criminal Threats to Democracy in Mexico by Jane Doe
- Check your university’s name in the “categories” sidebar.
- Write a one sentence summary for your blog post that will appear on the blog homepage:
- Click on “Screen Options” at the top of the page where you are drafting your post.
- Check the box that says “Excerpt.”
- Type your one sentence summary in the “Excerpt” box at the bottom of your post page.
- Make sure your main text is written using “Paragraph” formatting; use “Header 4” for headings.
- Add any “tags” in the sidebar, separating tags with commas. If relevant, add the region and country/countries about which you are writing in tags.
- When hyperlinking articles to your post, please check the link settings and check the box that says “open link in new tab.”
- Set a featured image, either your own or one under Creative Commons Zero license. Cite the image at the end of your post.
- Example: “*Photo by Andrew Worley, “Until We Have Faces” (Unsplash), Creative Commons Zero license.”
- Click save draft, preview, and publish as you wish. You can edit the post after you publish it.
- Share the URL or text of your blog post with your instructor as you would regularly submit assignments.